Friday, March 7, 2008

Motion to Continue

Another colleague of mine called me in the afternoon hours to tell me about a communication regarding a continuance. The next day, she hands me a letter, which is printed in blue ink on the back of a memo pad from a local hospital. The letter states:

"I need to have continue
My throat has
pus pockets.
Down long side
my neck Hurts
and diareath
and fever.
I'd swear
I'd make bee
to [local hospital]
I need antibodies
I'm dizzy too.
I have crabs too.
May be strup throat
Somebody could look
in my mouth."

Needless to say, my colleague granted this defendant's motion to continue without completing the requested medical examination.

3 comments:

Leah said...

True dat, yo! True dat.

Anonymous said...

Alas, it is as if the gates of justice have closed.

jonesyjr said...

hey, man. i posted to my blog after 47 months. it's your turn now. OPEN THE GATES!!