Thursday, October 25, 2007

Introduction


I am one of the few people that I know who knew exactly what they wanted to be. Ever since I was in the fifth grade, I wanted to be an attorney. Not only did I want to be an attorney, I wanted to be a prosecutor. I thought that I would start out being a prosecutor and then evolve into being the first female Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

Well, I am not bound for judgeship. I am pretty satisfied with being a prosecutor. I know for certain that my profession and my personality are in perfect harmony together, for I left the District Attorney's Office for a brief, although seemingly infinite to me, period of time. During that detour, I realized fully how much of an effect my profession had on my happiness. While in private practice, I felt differently. It felt as if I woke up one day as a different person with flashes of memories from my previous life. I struggled to become comfortable in my new place, but I failed miserably. I sat down and wrote to my previous employer, asking for my old job back. I am extremely grateful that I was granted this request but two months later.

I am at peace with my new self, feeling natural. I must admit that I was a bit nervous, wondering if I would be successful again. Although there is always room for improvement, I am relieved to know that my trial skills returned. I hope, in this medium, to convey some of the trials in which I participated.

In the posts to follow, whether they be short or lengthy, I hope to convey some of the best (and worst) of the trials that I have either participated in or have observed. I hope that my readers, if there are any, enjoy.


No comments: